Adults are dancing! It’s never too late to start or begin where you left off…
We look forward to dancing with you soon!
Dancing is a great way to exercise your body, mind and spirit! IAD offers inspiring and nurturing adult dance classes from the Beginner level through Advanced in Ballet, Jazz, Modern, Contemporary/Hip-Hop, and Tap. Adult classes are available by drop-in or class card and pre-registration is not required for most classes.
IAD offers a spacious state of the art facility with sprung floors and the same Marley dance surface used by the Royal Ballet. You will find the highest caliber training in a comfortable and encouraging atmosphere. Many of our instructors have been successfully training and coaching professional dancers in Santa Cruz for over 20 years.
We are back in the studio and on Zoom! We look forward to dancing with you very soon!
View the schedule with all of the classes in studio and on Zoom
View our Class Descriptions
Single Ballet or Dance Class – $20
10 Ballet/Dance Classes – $175
Single Class Pointe – $15
10 Pointe Classes – $145
INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOW TO JOIN CLASSES
- How to sign-up for in-studio classes:
To pre-register for in studio classes click the link in the upper left corner of the schedule or email@example.com. Once your interest form has been submitted, you will receive an email confirmation that you have been added to the class roster.
- How to sign-up for Zooming classes:
To pre-register for Zooming classes click the link in the upper left corner of the schedule or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your interest form has been submitted, you will receive an email confirmation and a passcode to enter the class.
- Please make sure that Zoom is installed on your device. Use the class links and passcode to log-in on the day and time of the class. Please do not enter classes more than 5 min prior to your class. Consider it as if you were walking into a class in the studio.
- #1 Recommend Sign-up Option:
By submitting your sign-up form 24 hrs. prior to the class or can pre-registering for the month, you can avoid the $20 drop-in fee. You can always cancel up to 24 hours prior to your class by notifying email@example.com for a full refund or account credit if pre-paid.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CLASSES DUE TO COVID 19
- For the safety of each in studio class, please pre-register for all classes whether dancing on-line or in-person.
- Pre-register at least 24 hours in advance to ensure we have adequate space for social distancing and to help us ensure your spot at the barre is reserved.
- For the safety of our dancers, all Zooming classes are passcode protected and require pre-registration.
- DO NOT ATTEND if you have any sign of sickness/fever or if anyone in your household or anyone you have come in contact with in the last 14 days has shown signs of sickness or fever.
- Student temperatures may be monitored with a digital thermometer.
- Until further notice everyone must wear a mask at all times in the studio, as at the gym. Plenty of opportunities will be available for fresh air.
- Prior to attending classes, please make sure you have filled out your Class Sign-up form, indicating which class(es) you are interested in joining, whether on Zoom or in person, your commitment level to the class and payment method.
- Please make sure to fill out the waiver before your first class. Complete the waiver and email it or bring it with you to your first class.
- Dancers that are pre-registered are invited to enter the studio 5 minutes prior to the start time. The outside doors will remain locked all other times.
- P Please arrive dressed and ready to dance.