Thank you for your interest in children's dance classes at IAD. We offer dance classes for ages 2 through teen. If your dancer is a "Little Tutu" or at a pre-professional level, we have the classes for you! Many options available for the young dancer, including classical ballet, hip-hop, tap, pre-ballet, ballet basics, acrobatix, dance basix, acro hip-hop and lyrical dance. Fall classes have already begun, but it is not to late to register for classes (space permitting). See you in the studio! Don't forget your water bottle ;)
- Children's fall/spring classes continue for the duration of the school year and culminate with a large scale production in June. Enrollment is open all year through April 15th on a space availalble basis. Tuition is due monthly.
- Fall/Spring classes continue for one week following the Production. The last week of classes is a celebration of our year in dance.
- For dancers in the graded ballet program, the final week is dedicated to parent & student conferences.
- Students at IAD are invited to participate in our annual Nutcracker at Cabrillo's Crocker Theater.
- Auditions will be held on Septmeber 8th at IAD.
- Nutcracker is an opportunity for young dancers to work alongside Company members, professionals from within the community and elite professional dancers.
- IAD offers nurturing, professional classes in a state of the art facility with a team of professional instructors.
- Friendly, family oriented classes and events.
- Three studios with sprung floors and the same marley flooring used by the Royal Ballet.
- Playroom and waiting area for parents and siblings.
At the heart of IAD is our Graded Ballet Program (Ballet I II III IV V)Graded Ballet is a sequential approach to learning ballet starting with the basic principles of Classical Ballet in Level I and progressing through Level V (Company). This system utilizes the natural development and continuation of the traditions in the Russian (Vagonova) school of ballet, encompassing both ballet technique and ballet as an expressive art form.
Ballet is a strong foundation for all dance forms, building confidence, balance, coordination and focus, while developing artistry.
From a strong base in Ballet, dancers develop line, stamina, concentration and grace optimal for many movement forms, as well as life itself.
Did you know that most serious Ballet dancers are straight A honor students, taking the most advanced classes their schools offer?
The graded ballet program requires discipline, drive and motivation. Attention to proper dress code and etiquette, as well as a commitment to timeliness and attendance are mandantory.
(For teen dancers, interested in ballet, but not ready for the commitment level required by graded ballet, we suggest the Teen/Open Program.
We believe, however, that ballet (and dance) at any level, requires commitment, dedication and a desire to improve and practice.)
Other Children's Dance ClassesAll classes at IAD uphold the highest standards in technique and artistry. IAD instructors are chosen for excellence and professional accomplishment in their chosen art form and their unique ability to relay expertise in a clear, structured, fun and creative manner. The joy of dance is contagious and we would like to pass it on! Come see why we dance at IAD!
Most classes in the Children's Dance programam are offered one day/week (Children's Dance).
Choose any combination of these one day/week classes to create a dance program suited to your schedule and preferences.
Discounts are offered for enrolling in more than one class. If you would like to sign up for multiple classes or sign up more than one family member, please enroll through the front desk to receive multi-class & sibling discounts.
Trial Class PolicyIf you are new to IAD, you may schedule up to three trial classes ($15/ea. on a space available basis). Spring session is closed for trial classes after April 15th due to our June production (except for Little Tutus & Toddler Dance). One trial class is allowed per student in up to three separate classes during the trial period. It is not necessary to complete a trial class before registering for classes. To schedule your trial class, please contact the front desk at least 24 hours in advance to check availability and reserve your space. Upon enrollment, tuition will be pro-rated based on remaining classes in the month.
Parents, caregivers and friends are requested to observe through the window as this helps dancers stay focused without distraction. Observation days will be scheduled by IAD.